jeudi 16 juin 2011

Sucrerie : Isn't It Funny (N'est-ce pas marrant)

I don't want to hear you beg.
I'm sick of beggars.
If you a man
take what you want from me
or what you can.
Even if you have me
like some ol gal across town
you think you love.

Look at me ! 
standing here
with my dick as straight as yours.
What do you think this is ?
The weather cock on a rooftop ?

We sneak all over town
like two damn thieves
with whiskey on our breath, 
no street lights on the backroads,
just the stars above us
as ordinary as they should be.

We always have to work it out, 
walk it through, talk it over, 
drink and smoke our way into sodomy.

I could take you in my room
but you're afraid the landlady
will recognize you.
I feel thankful I don't love you.
I won't have to suffer you later on.

But for now I say
Johnnie Walker, 
have you had enough, Johnnie Walker ?
Do-I-look-like-a-woman-now ?
Against the fogged car glass
do I look like your cross town lover ?
Do I look like Shirley ?

When you reach for her
to kiss her lips, her lips
are thick like mine, 
her hair is cut close too, like mine
isn't it ...

Essex Hemphill